05 August 2003

Tacoma, Washington

Well I'm coming to the end of five fun filled days with the Hamilton family in Washington State. It's been one hectic ride so far. Have you seen the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding? Well this is my big fat German American family (in law) - in order to be heard each family member has to speak louder than the next. And that's how *they* describe themselves.

I've probably spent the most time with Gayle, my 13 year old sister in law. She thinks I talk strange and that I'm really weird because I've never tried Sprite Remix or Graham Crackers or Lays. We went to the mall yesterday and she thinks it's strange that I've never heard of any of the stores there. Go figure. (see I'm even starting to talk like them now)

It is so hot over here. High cloud and temperatures in the mid 20's. Today the drought has finally broken. Apparently it didn't rain at all during July so everyone is happy about that. The kids have been in the pool most days and I even ventured in once.

20030805d FamilyI've been playing baseball in the backyard with 8 year old Ian, and "beach" volleyball. I tried to teach the kids bats down and rugby. I would try to teach them cricket but they only have a baseball bat. We've also been for a couple of long walks together. These kids eat lots of sugar and they have lots of energy.

Tomorrow I fly off to Chicago. The flights over from NZ went well. It only took 11 hours to get to LA, then I had a 3 hour stopover and then a 2 hour flight to Seattle. I managed to get a couple of hours sleep on the plane. DO NOT go see the movie Bulletproof Monk. It is really, really bad. In LA it was midday when I got there and so hot that I went and sat in a little park at the airport just soaking up the sun that I haven't seen in NZ for months. I'm already starting to get a bit of a suntan.

Hope you all are doing well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home